Transfers from Malaga Airport to Frigiliana
Transfers from Malaga Airport to Frigiliana. Your private taxi transfer service. Always On Time. Book now and pay on arrival.
If you’re planning a trip to the beautiful town of Frigiliana, located in the south of Spain, you may be wondering how to get there from Malaga Airport, Shine Malaga Transfers is your best choice.
About Shine Malaga Transfers
Shine Malaga Transfers is a reliable and affordable transfer company that offers transfers to Frigiliana from Malaga Airport. We have a fleet of comfortable and modern vehicles, as well as professional and friendly drivers who are fluent in English and Spanish.
How much is a taxi transfer from Malaga Airport to Frigiliana?
Sedan car: This is the most comfortable and convenient option. You will have a private vehicle just for you and your group, with no stops or waiting times. The cost for this option is €80 each trip.
People Carrier: Our van is especially suitable for family groups of up to 7 passengers or when you are traveling with bulky luggage such as a folding wheelchair or baby strollers. In addition, you can transport your pet in its corresponding carrier in our spacious trunk connected to the passenger cabin for good air ventilation. The cost for this option is €100 each trip.
Minibus: For groups of up to 19 passengers, we provide minibuses adapted to your needs, modern, well-maintained, and in ideal cleaning conditions so that your journey from Malaga Airport to Frigiliana is as comfortable as possible. The cost for this option is €160 for each trip.
We would like to inform our customers that due to the regulations imposed by AENA (Spanish airport authority), there is an additional parking fee of 5 euros for pick-up services at Malaga Airport, which will be added to the booking price. This fee does not apply to services destined for the airport.
Booking your transfer with Shine Malaga Transfers is easy and straightforward. You can book online on their website or by phone. Simply select your pick-up location (Malaga Airport), your destination (Frigiliana), the number of passengers, and the type of transfer you want. Do not worry about payment when making the reservation, as you do not need to provide any bank details or credit card information. When you receive your booking confirmation, your transfer service is guaranteed. Payment is made at the end of the journey directly to your driver, either in cash or by credit card.
Frigiliana Touristic Information
Discover Frigiliana, a charming village in Andalusia, Spain, known for its stunning views, narrow streets, and white houses adorned with colorful flowers. With this guide, you’ll find all the information you need to plan your visit.
Accommodations in Frigiliana
Frigiliana offers a variety of accommodations for visitors, from budget-friendly hostels to luxury villas. Some popular options include:
- Hotel Villa Frigiliana: Hotel Villa Frigiliana is a charming hotel located in the heart of Frigiliana’s old town. The hotel features comfortable rooms with traditional decor and modern amenities, including free Wi-Fi and air conditioning. Guests can enjoy a breakfast buffet each morning and relax in the outdoor patio area, surrounded by stunning views of the surrounding mountains and countryside. The hotel’s central location makes it easy to explore the town’s attractions, including the Moorish quarter and the Church of San Antonio de Padua. With its warm hospitality and convenient location, Hotel Villa Frigiliana is the perfect choice for a relaxing and enjoyable stay in this beautiful Andalusian town.
- La Posada Morisca: This boutique hotel is located in a restored 16th-century building in the heart of Frigiliana and features stylish rooms with contemporary decor. Guests can enjoy a rooftop terrace with panoramic views and an on-site restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
- Casa Rural El Acebuchal: This cozy rural guesthouse is located in the nearby village of El Acebuchal and offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant serving traditional cuisine, and easy access to hiking trails. Prices start at €60 per night.
- Villa Alegria: Villa Alegría in Frigiliana is a charming holiday home with a private pool and breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea. The villa is the perfect choice for those seeking a relaxing and peaceful vacation in the heart of Andalusia.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a solo adventure, Frigiliana has an accommodation option that will meet your needs.
Gastronomy in Frigiliana
Frigiliana is known for its delicious cuisine, which features a blend of Moorish and Spanish influences. Some must-try dishes and drinks include:
- Migas: This traditional dish is made with breadcrumbs, garlic, olive oil, and sometimes chorizo or other meats. It’s a hearty, satisfying meal that’s perfect for breakfast or lunch.
- Choto al ajillo: This lamb stew is cooked with garlic and served with potatoes and vegetables. It’s a warming, comforting dish that’s perfect for a cold day.
- Pestiños: These sweet fried pastries are a local specialty, often enjoyed during the Christmas season. They’re made with flour, olive oil, and honey, and have a crispy, crunchy texture.
- Vino de Frigiliana: This sweet wine is made from muscat grapes grown in the surrounding hills. It has a distinct floral aroma and is a perfect accompaniment to dessert or a cheese plate.
In addition to these traditional dishes, Frigiliana also has a number of restaurants and cafes serving international cuisine, as well as tapas bars and ice cream shops for a quick snack or drink. No matter what your taste buds are craving, you’ll find something delicious to try in Frigiliana.
History of Frigiliana
Frigiliana has a rich and complex history, with influences from the Phoenicians, Romans, Moors, and Christians. The village was founded in the 9th century by the Moors, who built a fortress on the hill overlooking the town. After the Christian Reconquest in the 15th century, Frigiliana became part of the Kingdom of Granada, and many of its buildings and monuments reflect this mix of Moorish and Christian styles.
One of the most important landmarks in Frigiliana is the Palace of the Counts of Frigiliana, a 16th-century building that now serves as a cultural center and museum. The palace was built on the ruins of the old Moorish fortress and has a beautiful Renaissance facade and an ornate interior with frescoes, stucco work, and a marble staircase.
Another historic site in Frigiliana is the Church of San Antonio, a 17th-century Baroque church that houses a number of important religious artworks, including a painting of the Virgin of the Rosary by the famous Spanish artist Francisco Zurbarán.
Visitors can also explore the narrow streets and alleys of Frigiliana’s old town, which has been well-preserved and is filled with charming whitewashed houses, colorful flowers, and small squares and fountains. As you wander through the streets, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time to a simpler, more peaceful era.
Things to Do in Frigiliana
In addition to exploring the history and culture of Frigiliana, there are plenty of fun activities to enjoy during your visit. Some popular options include:
Hiking: Frigiliana is surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes, including the Sierra de Almijara mountains and the Rio Higueron gorge. There are a number of hiking trails in the area, ranging from easy walks to challenging climbs, that offer stunning views of the countryside.
Beaches: Frigiliana is located just a few kilometers from the Costa del Sol, which is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Spain. You can easily take a day trip to the beach and enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
Shopping: Frigiliana has a number of small shops and boutiques selling traditional crafts, ceramics, and textiles. You can also visit the weekly outdoor market, where you’ll find fresh produce, handmade goods, and souvenirs.
Festivals: Frigiliana is known for its lively festivals and celebrations, including the Three Cultures Festival in August, which celebrates the village’s multicultural heritage, and the Festival of San Antonio in January, which features a parade, fireworks, and traditional music and dancing.
Wine tasting: Frigiliana is located in the heart of the Malaga wine region, and there are a number of wineries and vineyards in the surrounding area. You can take a guided tour of a local winery and sample some of the region’s delicious wines.
Cooking classes: If you’re interested in learning how to make traditional Andalusian dishes, there are several cooking schools in Frigiliana that offer hands-on classes and workshops. You’ll learn how to make paella, gazpacho, and other classic dishes using fresh, local ingredients.
Whether you’re interested in history, culture, nature, or food, Frigiliana has something for everyone. With its stunning views, charming streets, and welcoming locals, it’s the perfect destination for a relaxing and enjoyable vacation.
Frigiliana enjoys a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and hot summers. The average temperature in summer is around 30°C, while in winter it rarely drops below 10°C. The town also receives a good amount of rainfall during the winter months, making it lush and green. Spring and autumn are particularly pleasant, with comfortable temperatures and sunny skies. Overall, Frigiliana’s weather is ideal for outdoor activities and exploring the town’s beautiful surroundings.
How to get from Malaga Airport to Frigiliana
There is no direct bus from Malaga Airport to Frigiliana. So, either from the airport itself or from the bus station in Malaga, you will have to take a bus to Nerja. From Nerja, there is a good connection to Frigiliana with a high daily frequency. Taking the bus, although not as comfortable, is a more economical option.
If you have a rental car, to get from Malaga airport to Frigiliana by road, you can take the A-7/E-15 motorway east towards Almeria and Granada. After approximately 70 kilometers, take exit 292 towards Nerja/Frigiliana and follow the signs towards Frigiliana. The journey takes approximately 50 minutes and passes through scenic coastal and mountainous areas.
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable transfer option from Malaga Airport to Frigiliana, Shine Malaga Transfers is the perfect choice. With their comfortable vehicles and professional drivers, you can relax and enjoy your journey without any worries.